It’s been an incredible year filled with a lot of new beginning and spending time with the ones I love most. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl who has been the light of my life and everyone around here. There have been a lot of ups and downs in family member’s health over the past two months – it’s been quite a roller coaster.
I accomplished a lot this year – bought my first home and came back to work after maternity leave. There are a lot of changes I’m hoping to make in the new year.
- Get organized. Let’s be real – my house is a mess right now. Christmas was over a few days ago but I went right back to work. I haven’t found the time to really clean up after myself, or Harper (Chris is a neat freak who can’t stand my constant mess. Maybe that’s my creative side coming through?) I always know where things are but they’re not necessarily put away. I want to take the time to really get myself and Harper organized so that our schedules can run smoother.
- Start cooking. My husband is the chef in our house. Coming from an Italian family he’s grown up around good food, and he loves to cook. He’s really good at it so I let him. If he doesn’t cook we get take out – and that’s something I’m hoping to stop as well. His new job will have him working more and home less so I’m hoping to take over and find new recipes to keep up my weight loss on track.
- Find the balance. Being a working mom is such a balancing act. Between Harper, work, Chris, my social life – a lot gets put to the side. Finding the happy medium is near to impossible, I plan on trying. Being a working mom is so much harder than I ever expected it to be, but it’s also incredibly rewarding.
- Finish a full 12 weeks of BBG. I have found a good rhythm of getting up before work and getting in my workout (minus the past week where I’ve given myself a break to enjoy friends and family – and ALL the cookies). I started BBG back in September and would do my 3 workouts a week, and cardio the other 4 on my treadmill. I’ve successfully lost the 45lbs I put on during my pregnancy but my body is not the same as it was a year and a half ago. I took a break from the program a couple of weeks ago after realizing I needed to spend some time just running and working on some complications from pregnancy – DR & pelvic floor both. I’m ready now and can’t wait to start another round on January 1st.
- Travel more. If you’ve been around awhile you know that Chris and I used to travel A LOT. We would almost never be home. It is a passion we both share and we’re honestly missing it so much. Being pregnant I was super cautious and afraid to fly. Since she’d been born we’d driven literally from Massachusetts down to Florida, stopping at cities along the way. That trip as a family of three was the best memory and I honestly think about it every single day. Traveling and taking photos are two hobbies that Chris and I have bonded on since we met 11 years ago. It’s apart of who we are and we want to make it apart of our family life as well. Harper hasn’t been on a plane yet, but absolutely loves car rides (maybe because of our trips?). She’s seriously been an angel and we can’t wait to continue to explore the world with our little sidekick in toe.
- Be more creative. I spend so much of my time absorbing everyone else’s creativity that I tend to lose myself. When I first started this blog I was constantly posting. I not only plan to – but promise – to post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. As an early Christmas gift Chris got me a Rebel T7i to play around with and I honestly haven’t put it down since. I love taking photos and I want to share with you my life, style, travel tips, and everything in between.
I have some larger goals that I’ll share when the time is right – but I’m working towards big things and I’m hoping that they play out as well as I’m planning.
2017 – thank you everything, but I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings. Happy New Year everyone!