Harper’s first year flew and she’s growing so quickly! I feel like every day is something new with her and it is so incredible to watch her grow. I miss my tiny baby but I’m having so much fun with my new toddler. Here are some facts about her at this age.
- She talks A LOT. Her pediatrician was amazed by all of the words she spoke – and understood the meaning of. Quick up to date list: Hi! Bye! Mommy, Daddy, Mom Mom (My mom), Poppy (Chris’s Dad), Ivy (my four year old sister/Harper’s best friend), all done (when she wants us to be finished wiping her hands or changing her diaper), me (when she wants to be picked up, also gestures to herself), No (of course that was one of her first words), uh oh (whenever she drops something), apple (when she wants an apple), oh wow! or oh boy! da doe (dog), Lola (only says this to our two dogs, one of which is actually named Lola!) Ouch, Bottle, baby, Thank you (when you hand her something she wants) and yeah!
- She HATES having her diaper changed. Always has! The second we start she is already saying ALL DONE! ALL DONE! knowing that’s what I say when I’m finished.
- She hates her carseat – sometimes(most of the time). She falls asleep most of the time we’re in the car BUT if she wakes up and realizes where she is she literally pulls at the straps and goes crazy until we distract her, or get to where we’re going. We have a road trip planned for July so if anyone has any remedies for this please let me know!
- She’s a total Mommy’s girl. Turned from being my Mom’s best friend, she now chooses me over everyone and I love it!
- She’s not fully walking (yet). She walks with her walker or tiny baby stroller, sometimes takes a step or two on her own and then sits on her butt. Her doctor said it’ll come when she’s ready. Right now she’s way more focused on her speech.
- She smiles at literally every person or animal she sees and says “HI!” She know when we’re walking away and knows to say “Bye!” She’s totally her daddy’s little mini. I’m much more shy!
- She does not. sit. still. We can’t get her to sit and hang out with us for the life of us. Gives all the kisses and hugs but shes put. She will not sit and play with toys.
- Her hair is getting so much lighter! When she was born we had no idea where her black hair came from. My parents are dark but Chris has always been blonde and with my red hair we swore she’d be a blonde too. It’s totally turning blonde as she gets older!
- Oh, another word she says! Nonny. We have NO idea where this came from, but it is totally her word for all food. Whenever she’s hungry or wants more food she chants “Nonny, Nonny, Nonny!”
- She loves to eat (totally our kid) and eats super well! Her favorite foods are pasta, apples, and CHEESE – girl loves her cheese.
- She doesn’t have a sweet tooth! Unlike her momma who ate cake and/or ice cream every night while pregnant. Actually maybe that’s why! She hated her smash cake. She much rather eat all the carbs.
- She’s super tall! Like her dad who’s 6’4, girlfriend is going to tower of me at 5 ft.
- She’s been sleeping through the night since she was four weeks old, besides some of the nights she was sick or teething really bad. I shouldn’t even write this because I’m nervous I’m jinxing it!
And that’s our girl so far! She is so, so much fun. Always a smile on her face, ready to play and hug. She has her New York family that passes her around and plays with her and my parents and siblings, and brother in law that she loves to play with. She is so loved.
I’m so thankful to be home with her every day so I can experience everything and watch her grow. She is my best little friend! I hope you all enjoy my photos and videos I put on my story. I could not make up the things she does or said if I tried!